photo by Maurice Photo Inc.
General Rental Policies
- A partially refundable reservation fee is required to secure the date; full payment is due 60 days before the event.
- Renters must provide a valid VISA or MasterCard number.
- 50% of payment or reservation fee is refundable if reservation is cancelled 60 days or more before the event date.
- No portion of the payment or reservation fee is refundable if reservation is cancelled less than 60 days before the event.
- Purchase of event parking may be required.
- $150 charge for events over 100 people to cover additional staff time
- $500 refundable security deposit required for all events
- Additional fees may apply. Please inquire for individualized quote or discounts
Except for meetings where no food or alcohol is served, all renters must provide written proof of broad form insurance coverage. The cost is between $100 (for private events that do not involve alcohol) to $275 (for business or organizational events that include the serving of alcohol). We generally recommend the on-line quotes offered by TheEventHelper.com
Discounts of up to 15% off our published rates are available for the following:
- 15% Community/Non-profit discount: currently we define “community” as those areas served by the Port Townsend and Chimacum School Districts.
- 10% discount starting at Bo’sun Member level
- 10% Sponsor discount
- 10% Captain’s Circle member discount
Only one discount may be applied per rental; discounts may not be combined.
Additional charges are not eligible for discounts, and are computed after the discount has been applied.
Catering, Photography, Flowers & Lodging
Our list of Preferred Service Partners includes approved caterers for your event’s success.
You may also choose to provide your own food and beverage. However, use of our catering kitchen will be subject to a $350 fee. You are responsible for taking trash and recycling generated by your event to the receptacle located on our campus.
The serving of alcohol must comply with the Washington State Liquor Control Board regulations. For information about banquet permits and special occasion licenses, visit the WA State Liquor Control Board’s website.
Notes about Linens & Tableware
All tableware rentals are subject to a 20% Cleaning and Damages Deposit, due 60 days prior to event. All tableware must be left fully clean and in equal quantity and condition to the supply at the beginning of the event in order to receive a full refund on the deposit amount. This deposit is in addition to the standard Refundable Security Deposit.
**Linen rental orders require an additional $25 flat-fee surcharge for delivery, pick-up, and laundering.
Event Day Considerations
- The NWMC asks that you don’t use tape for decorating or for taping cords to the floor.
- Cookware with open flames must be pre-approved by the NWMC. Candles must be contained above the flame height.
- The NWMC is responsible for setting up tables, chairs, AV equipment, and linens if they are rented through us.
- The renters are responsible for decorations and all other event preparation.
POST EVENT & CLEANUP:
It’s important to have a clear understanding with the caterer and other vendors of what their duties are. We recommend coordinating with member of your party to assist with cleanup, removing decorations, and clearing the facility of personal items by the end of your rental time.
You may lose your security deposit if we find: decorations left, spilled liquids, facility damage, broken glass, stained decks, trash not in receptacles, kitchen left unclean, cigarette butts and litter, holes in wood panels