At the Northwest Maritime Center, we are committed to hosting activities and events at our campus that are fun, educational, and safe. For the most up-to-date information on COVID in our community, please visit the Jefferson County Public Health website.
Health & Safety Requirements for Visitors & Participants
- Stay home if you’re sick
If you currently have COVID-19 symptoms or cold symptoms, please stay home.
- Wear a mask if you’re not feeling well
Wearing a well-fitted mask helps to protect you and those around you by preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands
While visiting our campus or participating in our activities, please remember to wash your hands frequently to prevent the spread of germs.
- Respect others
Visiting the NWMC and participating in our activities should be an enjoyable and memorable experience. To preserve that opportunity, we expect everyone to be respectful and considerate of those around them.
Because NWMC hosts programs in partnership with public schools, we are following WA State guidelines for educational settings.
All staff over the age of 18 working in educational settings at NWMC must verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide documentation from an appropriate health care professional stating that they have a disability that necessitates exemption from the vaccine requirement.
What We’re Doing to Help Keep You Safe
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in all campus spaces, including restrooms
- Providing hand sanitizer and disposable masks at all building entrances
- Installed MERV 13 filters and increased outdoor air supply to maximize ventilation in indoor spaces
- Providing info to all staff about COVID-19 symptoms, spread, and the benefits of vaccination
- Requiring vaccination or medical exemption for all our staff working in educational spaces