Welcome back to the Northwest Maritime Center!
At the Northwest Maritime Center the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and visitors is our number one priority as we reopen. We are committed to hosting activities and events that are fun, educational, and follow all federal, state, and local safety recommendations.
COVID best practices, guidelines, and regulations are continuing to change as we emerge from the pandemic. We are working to keep these guidelines updated and consistent with current regulations and medical science.
Health & Safety Requirements for Visitors & Participants
- Stay home if you’re sick or have been exposed to COVID
If you currently have COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for the virus within the last 10 days, please stay home unless you have been cleared as non-contagious.
Also, please stay home if you’re not vaccinated and have had close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Wear a mask if needed
Jefferson County Department of Health recommends that everyone continue to wear a mask in indoor public spaces until the local case rate is below 100 over two weeks. Please mask up if you’re feeling sick, in a crowded area, or to respect the wishes of those around you.
- Wash your hands
While visiting our campus or participating in our activities, please remember to wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
- Report symptoms
If you have visited our campus or participated in our programs and develop symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive within 10 days, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
- Respect others
Visiting the NWMC and participating in our activities should be an enjoyable and memorable experience. To preserve that opportunity, we expect everyone to be respectful and considerate of those around you. We’re in this together!
Because NWMC hosts programs in partnership with public schools, we are following WA State guidelines for educational settings, as described in Proclamation 21-14.1.
All staff over the age of 18 working in educational settings at NWMC must verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide documentation from an appropriate health care professional stating that they have a disability that necessitates exemption from the vaccine requirement.
What We’re Doing to Help Keep You Safe
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in all campus spaces, including restrooms
- Providing hand sanitizer and disposable masks at all building entrances
- Installed MERV 13 filters and increased outdoor air supply to maximize ventilation in indoor spaces
- Providing info to all staff about COVID-19 symptoms, spread, and the benefits of vaccination
- Requiring vaccination or medical exemption for all our staff working in educational spaces.
COVID Safety in Our Youth Programs
- We are paying special attention to maintaining the safest possible environment in our youth programs.
- All staff and volunteers working with youth (whether indoors or outdoors) must be current on their vaccinations.
- We have created outdoor classroom spaces to maximize program time outdoors.
- Youth program instructors and participants follow all current masking and distancing requirements.
- 2022 overnight programs have special protocols developed under guidance from medical professionals that serve the maritime industry.