Everything You Need to Know About Being a Commercial or Nonprofit Exhibitor
2018 Exhibitor Application coming soon.
· Products must fit nautical, wooden boat and maritime audience.
· No exhibitor can sell logo t-shirts, posters, sweatshirts or hats on site.
· No exhibitor can sell bottled water
· No dogs allowed within Festival grounds.
· Exhibitors must stay within assigned booth space.
· Hours: Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· You must stay open until 5 p.m. Sunday.
· You must clean up your area prior to departure.
· You must have a proper business license to do business in Port Townsend.
· Move in is Thursday, September 7, after 12:00 p.m.
What to Bring
· Trash container (Large dumpsters are nearby, but NOT in each booth).
· If you ordered electricity, bring extra extension cords and power strips. Power could be more than 100 feet away. Mark your cord on both ends with your company name!
· The tables are utilitarian and well traveled. A tablecloth is advised.
· Zip ties for hanging or securing displays to the bars of your tent.
Rent a Tent From Us
Tents come with one table and two chairs—you can order more when applying.
10 x 10 = $650
10 x 20 = $1300
20 x 20 = $2400
(For verified non-profits)
10 x 10 = $450
10 x 20 = $900
20 x 20 = $1800
Bring Your Own Tent
(Pay for open space)
10 x 10 = $500
10 x 20 = $1000
20 x 20 = $2000
(For verified non-profits)
10 x 10 = $350
10 x 20 = $700
20 x 20 = $1400
Frequently Asked Questions
Step 2: Within a few days you will hear via email if we can accept you.
Step 3: Within a week after acceptance, you will receive an invoice via email from our finance department with options and instructions on how to pay.
• They are very heavy-duty, staked or weighted, and unlikely to blow away.
• They are very secure.
• Can set up at your convenience
• You must bring a plan for high wind
We try our best to accommodate everyone’s needs and wishes in booth placement. Every location has its benefits and limitations.
• Have fun!
• Have interactive activities.
• Be engaging! Reach out to the public.
• Advertise in the program!
• Drive people to your booth with something enticing: a contest, a drawing, or a giveaway.
Arrival & Departure Information
For safety/traffic flow we pre-arrange arrival and departure times. You will be assigned an arrival and departure time according to your location in Festival. You will receive this information via email one week prior to the Festival.
The Hospitality Suite will be available to exhibitors, sponsors, and presenters again this year, located on the second floor at the harbor end of the Chandler Education Building (the red NWMC building). Come enjoy the best view of the Festival, complimentary snacks and beverages, and a lovely place to take a break from the busy Festival grounds. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and your lanyard is your pass to get in.
By applying to exhibit at the Wooden Boat Festival you agree to abide by our Commercial Activity and Exhibitor Policies as outlined below:
• Product or service must fit nautical, wooden boat, and maritime audience
• No exhibitor can sell logo t-shirts, posters or sweatshirts on site
• No dogs allowed within Festival grounds
• Exhibitors must stay within assigned booth space
• Extra space will be charged accordingly
• Signage should be appropriate to family event and educational
• No cars or bikes allowed near booths or pedestrian areas during official hours
• Exhibitors are accepted by the Festival Committee. Booth locations are assigned based on sponsor level, years at Festival, and date of application.
• You agree to be open Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• By applying you agree to stay until 5 p.m. on Sunday
• You agree to clean up your area prior to departure. This includes zip ties and garbage created from your both setup.
We are looking forward to seeing you and hope you have a great Festival! Please don’t hesitate to let the folks at the Exhibitor Gate know if there’s anything we can help you with during the weekend!
Your passes, lanyards, etc. will either be waiting for you in your tent when you arrive, or will be delivered to you by the end of the day on Thursday. Your booth will be clearly marked. Please be mindful that there are 80 vendors and 40 trailer boats trying to get in and get set up within a five-hour window, so exercise caution driving and backing up, bring your sense of humor, and please be patient! Our festival is staffed by volunteers who are putting in long hours to help make everyone’s Festival a great experience, and we ask that you follow any instructions they give you!