Volunteer for the Northwest Maritime Center
Volunteers support our mission all year long!
We have a dedicated team of volunteers working in the Boatshop, the Chandlery, and for other programs and events throughout the year, including over 500 volunteers for the Wooden Boat Festival alone. We are always eager to have new folks join us. Explore our volunteer pages to discover ways you can be involved with the Wooden Boat Festival, the Race to Alaska, or year round at the Northwest Maritime Center. Don’t forget to fill out a volunteer application!
Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities
While our peak season is during the summer, we have a bustling campus year round that relies on the support of our volunteers. Whether you’re interested in helping out in the Boatshop, bartending at an event, salvaging hardware for Marine Thrift, or helping out in the office, we have a place for all skills, interests, and schedule preferences.
Take a look below at the volunteer opportunities we have going year round; then fill out a volunteer application to let us know how you want to be involved.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
Skills needed: friendly, experience with rowboats, kayaks, or other small boats, able to use Square on an iPad or phone (we can teach you!), 18+
• Greeting the public and answering phones
• Helping with bulk mailings and other general office duties
• Sharing Maritime Center information with the public
• Archiving NWMC photos
• Serving as NWMC Docent Historian (requires knowledge of local maritime history)
• Stewardship of the Maritime Center archives
• Photographing NWMC annual events
• Bartending and ticket-taking
• Assistance with planning, marketing, and day-of tasks
• Help distributing posters, flyers and programs for Maritime Center programs and events
You don’t need any experience to join the AV team, just an interest in AV and a willingness to learn! Our AV captain will teach you all you need to know.
We’d love to help make volunteering easy for you. Call our volunteer coordinator at 360.385.3628 x115 or email email@example.com.