How do I apply?
- Click here to apply online (once you’ve read these FAQs, of course).
- Complete entire form including waivers.
- Upload picture.
- Wait patiently to hear.
- You will receive automatic emails letting you know where you are in the process every step of the way.
- When accepted you will receive an email from the NWMC finance department letting you know how to pay!
Where is WBF?
The festival takes place in Port Townsend, Washington in the Point Hudson marina, the year-round home of the Wooden Boat Festival since 1977.
How much does it cost?
|❏ Boat Haven Exhibitor*||2||$75||$80|
What do I get?
Wooden Boat Festival is an incredible value! 3 days of camaraderie, races, presentations, music, dancing, sea chanteys, friends, and fun!
You also get tickets to:
- Boater Chowder feed. On Thursday night at 6 pm in Bar Harbor be our guest for a cup of chowder. Your tickets will be in your boater packet! Each boat in the water gets 2 free tickets; you can purchase extra tickets when applying.
- Free Beer coupons: You get 2 free beer coupons in your packet- Sweet!
- Boater Breakfast. Friday morning at 7 am breakfast will be served in Bar Harbor! Breakfast burritos for all boats in water! Your tickets are in boater packet. Every boat gets 2 free tickets; you can purchase additional tickets when applying.
How are boats accepted?
We wish that we could accept all wooden boats into the festival, but due to space constraints we cannot. We squeeze as many boats as possible into Point Hudson… with the help of CAD programs and mad geniuses behind the scenes… no matter how creative they are, we can only fit what we can fit. Early application gives you the best possible chance of being accepted if your boat is a good fit for our festival.
Boats are considered good fit according to several parameters, not in any particular order:
- Interesting history or story behind boat
- Variety-always searching for nice variety of boats
- Years and history in festival-beloved regulars.
- Historical significance
- Safe to have in harbor and in festival
Other things we find interesting:
- Something new
- Old favorite that has been in many years
- Local refit
- Recent refit
- School ships
- Condition of vessel
Can I display my boat on land?
Yes! We have lots of space for boats on trailers or stands!
We place trailer boats around the festival for interest and variety. We will try to accommodate putting you in a specific location (The Point, the First Federal Commons, near a friend, etc.) if we know in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for special requests.
Can I trailer my boat up to Port Townsend, launch, and have my boat in the water for Festival?
Yes! That works too!
Where do I launch?
You can launch right next to the Northwest Maritime Center, or down at Boat Haven. If your boat is able to make the short trip from Boat Haven to Point Hudson ( 1 mile) we suggest you launch there, it’s a little less busy and it is where our best trailer parking is, which makes it convienent for you.
Where do I park my trailer?
We have space down at Boat Haven that changes year to year. Check in with us closer to Festival and we will have exact directions to trailer parking!
I’m coming from Canada – where do I clear Customs?
Call ahead to the Point Hudson customs office – 360.385-3777
Note: BE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE A FOR SALE SIGN VISIBLE WHEN YOU CLEAR CUSTOMS IN CANADA OR THE US!
Why are the Harbormasters so important?
Harbormasters have the final say! We have an amazing team that works for months planning how to get all these beautiful boats in and out of the harbor safely – for the boats, and for the people on board. Hopefully with some grace and humor too. Please know that following their directions is absolutely imperative. Our system of timing your arrival, and entrance into the Harbor is pretty slick, if everyone follows the system. If they don’t, it can get ugly. Please help our efforts to keep this a safe, fun, weekend!
I have a handicap – can I get a slip that works for me?
Yes! On the application check the box that asks if you have a handicap or mobility issue! We will try to place you dockside.
I want to be able to come and go during the weekend; how can I do that if there are people rafted up?
We cannot give everyone in festival direct access in and out, but we try to accommodate everyone as best we can. Please check on the application if you want to be in any of the races, and check with harbormasters before leaving the dock.