Wooden Boat Chandlery Salesperson Position
Under the supervision of the Chandlery Manager, the Salesperon works as part of a team and independently to ensure that each client has a successful experience shopping at the Wooden Boat Chandlery. The Salesperson uses a friendly attitude and familiarity with boats to assist customers in finding purchases while representing the Northwest Maritime Center in a positive light. This is a weekend position: Applicants must be available to work Saturday-Sunday. Additional hours may be available during summer months.
- Customer-friendly attitude.
- Familiarity with boats, boat hardware, sailing or building is desirable.
- Creative problem solving when helping customer resolve issues or questions.
- Familiarity with a computer-based point of sale system is desirable.
- Familiarity with email and web-based shopping.
- Ability to learn new programs easily and patiently.
While this position’s primary responsibility is in sales, the Salesperson will work as part of the NWMC team to ensure smooth operations for the organization as a whole. This could include providing information to visitors to the maritime center and helping out in projects and events that require all-hands-on-deck, to helping tie up a vessel coming into our dock because you happen to be standing there. We all pitch in for the heavy lifting now and then—sometimes this is metaphoric; occasionally we all have to actually help lift something heavy.
- 3 years relevant experience.
- Responsible, detail oriented, proactive and have the ability to represent the NWMC in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
- Excellent communications skills.
- 21 and over.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Competency with computers.
- Working knowledge of maritime culture/boats/local marine trades a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, patience, calm under fire, thick skin, and a sense of humor.
Position is part-time hourly, initially weekends only.
NWMC/WBF is an EOE. Offices are at 431 Water St., Port Townsend WA 98368
POSITION TITLE: Chandlery Salesperson
REPORTS TO: Chandlery Manager
15 hours /week
For information on how to apply, contact email@example.com.